Note: This program is closed to new applicants.
Immigrate by providing care for children, the elderly, or those with medical needs, or work as a live-in caregiver. You may be eligible to apply for permanent residence in Canada after you have had the following work experience under the Live-in Caregiver Program:
- 24 months of authorized full-time live-in employment, or
- 3,900 hours of authorized full-time employment. You can complete these hours within a minimum of 22 months. When calculating your hours, you can also include up to 390 hours of overtime; and
- The work experience must be acquired within four years of your date of arrival.
When calculating your work experience, you cannot include:
- Any period of unemployment
- Any extended time outside Canada. For example, if you leave Canada for longer than the period of vacation time allotted in your employment contract, that period does not count.
- Any period you work for your employer outside Canada. For example, time spent on a family vacation outside of Canada will not count.
- Any period you work in Canada as a caregiver while living outside the home of your employer. If you have work experience as a live-out caregiver that you would like to include in your application, you must apply for permanent residence through the Caring for Children or Caring for People with High Medical Needs pathway.